Saturday, November 26, 2016

Little Thinker (4)


It was as if I was in a rocket. Suddenly, I started ascending with wild shaking and roar. Upon looking outside through the window, I realized that I had taken off from a flat, white field. As the distance increased, it became easier to figure out places and shapes. But I couldn't believe what I saw. These were sentences written with buildings in the shape of letters. I remembered the strange, gigantic figures in the fields in South America, but these sentences were quite literally written in a language I could read.





The more I ascended, the more words and sentences I could see. All of a sudden, a thick layer of fog covered everywhere. Nothing was visible. As I was starting to feel nervous, things cleared once again, and I saw words and sentences, similar to those before. With a bit of attention, I reckoned that these sentences were telling a life story. I was bewildered, and just then, again the same thick fog covered everywhere. Then again, more sentences...

It looked like I was ascending through the pages of a book, as if ascending in the seven layers of hte heavens. Bored of not seeing an end, I was asking myself when this flight would end, when an abrupt darkness sank. It was like the long nights of winter.

At last, the dark faded, and I saw my name embossed in golden letters on a burgundy cover. This book was my book. My life story... And I had gone through it without reading...




After leaving the book, I felt a void and lightness as if in space. Looking out, I saw others floating in this space like me. How had they come here? Were they my imagination or real part of the future I was seeing with the futuroscope? I was asking myself if I could speak to them, when I heard someone say: "come on out!"

I felt lost between fear and surprise. Was it the book seller calling me back or was it a real sound coming to me from the space? Stuck in my seat with these questions, the gate of my vehicle opened, and I saw her. "Come on out!" she invited with a mild smile. Was there air in space? But perhaps, this was a different place.

Hey, wait, wait. The person who spoke did so without moving her lips! I spun my head towards her, and I witnessed myself screaming without opening my mouth.

"What are you doing? Shh, shhh." She grabbed me by my arm and pulled "let's go for some visit". I guess, we were friends now...

One by one, we stopped by other shuttles. Without an exception, they were all sleeping. "They don't even know that they are here", my friend explained.

"Why not?"

"Because those who imprison their brains to their skulls imprison the knowledge to books, whereas the book of universe is legible to the entire body."



This answer actually confused me more. The brain was already created in the skull, and it was not us who had placed it there nor was it us who had designed the skull like a prison. Plus, knowledge is stored and transmitted by books. What does it mean, "books becoming prisons"? And I had heard the concept of book of universe, but this was the first time I was hearing reading with the entire body. Also, if these other people had imprisoned their brains, let's wake them up and save them; why are we staying silent? And, am I too different from other people? Why am I awake?




"Enough, enough; slow down" reacted my friend. I suppose I was voicing my questions too loudly without realizing; and of course without opening my mouth.

"Do you remember how you came here?"
"Yes. By the futuroscope."
"Do you know who I am?"
"...?"
"What had the book seller told you?"

I pondered. There was only person who could talk to me without moving her lips and whom I could talk without opening my mouth. Myself! In fact, the book seller had told me that what I would see was myself. So, I was meeting my future self!?!? I mean, I was answering in the future the questions I was forming in the present...

Then, what was the book I had flown through? Was it the book I would author? Then, why was there my life story?

"Every person writes a book by their deeds. Everybody is an author; and their book is going to be handed to them after death."
"So, writing is not necessarily done by hands?"
"Exactly. Just like thought is not exclusively happening in the skull... And just like reading is not done only by moving your eyes over the letters..."






No comments:

Post a Comment